Staying well-hydrated is crucial when you’re out on the trails, especially during long hikes or in hot weather. While water is an essential part of your hydration strategy, adding a hydration drink can help replenish electrolytes and provide much-needed energy. To help you choose the right one, we’ve rounded up some of the best hydration drink for hiking.
1. Nuun Sport Electrolyte Drink Tablets
Nuun Sport electrolyte drink tablets are an easy-to-carry solution to boost your hydration. Just add a tablet to your water bottle for a dose of electrolytes and a refreshing taste.
- Key Features: Low calorie, vegan, gluten-free, and non-GMO.
- Flavors: A variety of flavors including Lemon Lime, Strawberry Lemonade, and Tri-Berry.
- Price: Approximately $7 for a tube of 10 tablets.
2. GU Hydration Drink Mix
The GU Hydration Drink Mix provides a balance of carbohydrates and electrolytes to keep you energized and hydrated during your hike.
- Key Features: Gluten-free and vegan, with a 70-calorie serving providing 59mg of sodium.
- Flavors: Available in Blueberry Pomegranate, Strawberry Lemonade, and other flavors.
- Price: Approximately $45 for a 24-serving canister.
3. Tailwind Nutrition Endurance Fuel
Tailwind Nutrition’s Endurance Fuel is a complete energy and electrolytes solution, great for longer hikes where you need sustained energy.
- Key Features: Non-GMO, gluten-free, vegan, and without artificial flavors or colors.
- Flavors: Comes in flavors like Berry, Orange, Lemon, and more.
- Price: Approximately $36 for a 30-serving pack.
4. Skratch Labs Sport Hydration Drink Mix
Skratch Labs Sport Hydration Drink Mix is designed to replace exactly what you lose in sweat, with less sugar and more sodium than many other hydration drinks.
- Key Features: Non-GMO, gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, and kosher.
- Flavors: Multiple flavors available including Lemon & Lime, Strawberry Lemonade, and more.
- Price: Approximately $20 for a 20-serving bag.
5. Liquid I.V. Hydration Multiplier
The Liquid I.V. Hydration Multiplier uses Cellular Transport Technology (CTT) to hydrate you faster than water alone. One serving can provide the same hydration as 2-3 bottles of water.
- Key Features: Non-GMO, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, and soy-free.
- Flavors: Variety of flavors including Lemon Lime, Acai Berry, and more.
- Price: Approximately $25 for a 16-serving pack.
Finding the best hydration drink for hiking can make a significant difference in your energy levels, performance, and overall enjoyment on the trail. Remember to try different options and see what works best for your body and taste preference. After all, staying hydrated should be as much about pleasure as it is about performance.
If you found this guide on the best hydration drinks for hiking helpful, be sure to share it with your fellow hikers. Stay tuned for more tips and advice on making your hiking adventures the best they can be!